Sunday, December 14, 2014

Reflection Essay

I think the biggest struggle I had in this project was always time management, especially when we tried to go to the indoor arena where the eventing team rehearsed. Since none of us had a car, transportation was always a problem especially that cabs over here are really expensive and bus timings were not always on track. One of the aspects that makes me most proud is the footage that we got, we might have not gotten enough footage but the footage we got were remarkable. There isn’t really anything I would change in our documentary except for the fact that we needed more b-roll footage but everything else was exactly how the group and I imagined it, I couldn’t be more proud of the outcome. In the group, I was responsible of the group meetings and interview coordinator, I think I did I really good job with the job I was given; I always made sure that group was in contact, I set up a group message and I always tried find out when the group was free so we can set up meeting times. I think the best thing about our group is that we were all really close, if we didn’t agree on some stuff we talked about it and we were honest with each other, we were always engaged in a conversation, there was not any tension between us. I wish I contributed more ideas for the group project, I feel like I could have helped with the editing but I probably would have ruined all the footage that we took.

Throughout the semester, we have talked about so many ways in which we can analyze a particular subject, now when I read or watch anything I try to analyze it more by reading in between the lines or looking at different shots. The project I worked on made me view the community on campus differently. It showed me once they are devoted to something, they will pour their heart into it. I believe that my public speaking methods have improved over the course of this semester, I believe I am more confident in speaking and I don’t speak as quickly as I did before; I take my time. I definitely enjoyed learning about the different styles of communication and I am glad that we did not have to write four essays. I really enjoyed the style that was used in the course, it was really helpful, and I liked the fact that we did not use a book as a form of direction. It’s really hard to think about things to make the class better because I believe that it is already a pretty good class and that there is no need to change or add anything. One thing I would change about this course would probably be the timings; I wish that we had more time to work on the documentary because I believe it would have been better. This class was one of my favorite classes this semester because of the way it was taught and I would like to thank you Mr. Owen for that, your method of teaching and communicating with the class was very helpful and that is how I believe that most teachers should be. Thank you for a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment